Holy Lau Lau Larry!!!!

Questions about Freshwater Fishing

Holy Lau Lau Larry!!!!

Postby jbird » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:08 am

I just caught the episode with the huge cat. That had to be one of the greatest fight scenes ever filmed. You, tackling that leviathon from a skiff while standing!!! And the knock out punch he gave you on the release. Too cool!
I am curious Larry, how many world records do you have to your name? You strike me as a guy that could probably care less about those stats, but i'm just curious. Landing that Giant Lau Lau in the fashion you did is certainly worth some kind of badge of honor. Absolutely unreal!

Thanks for the great show, Keep it up!!

Jay
jbird

Postby dahlberg » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:05 am

Hi JB,
Thanks for the post! Glad you enjoyed watching that big cat hurt me!
I've never submitted a fish for a record, but have caught more than I can count that would have qualified if I'd wanted to take the time.
(The lau lau was at least 150lbs over the current all tackle record)
I decided long ago that most "regular" people, a group in which I include myself, would rather watch and share the experience of someone catching a truly big fish than watch a balding, middle-aged butt head on an ego trip fishing around the world! World records are great because they provide a barometer as to "what's big", but for me, chasing records. entering tournaments etc. takes me away from those purely organic elements which fire flames that fuel my passion to fish!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Tyson » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 am

this is why "hunt for big Fish" is my favorite show
Tyson

Return to Freshwater Questions