Frog body

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Frog body

Postby Caja » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Which # flex material do you use to make hollow belly rats or frogs. Going to try make one with single plopper type tail.
Caja

Re: Frog body

Postby dahlberg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

I made some a few years back using a rotomold type process by fastening the mold to my lure dryer so it would rotate. As I recall I used flex 60.
good luck with your project!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

I made some a few years back using a rotomold type process by fastening the mold to my lure dryer so it would rotate. As I recall I used flex 60.
good luck with your project!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Caja » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:18 pm

2017 Riverbassin Tournament, Rockhill South Carolina recap April 29 2017
Practice was really good for me (Broadanglefishingcompany@facebook.com) and fellow angler Eric Bloyd with (Foothillsangler@facebook.com).
The river was really high and muddy durning a week of 5+ inches of rainfall and the big bass were willing to feed. The river was high enough in practice that it formed current dam at the mouth of creeks and made fishing some backwater creek flats with pondweed mixed with laydown trees really productive. Tournament day the water dropped 3 feet over night, we lost the current dams, and first thought was we needed to fish another section of main river that probably cleared up, that would have made us late to start on time and we decided stay put, hopefully the big bass we found in practice would still bite. We both got limits of smaller bass and finished a respected 7th place in team and I finished 15th out of 70+anglers. Durning practice I got to try a prototype topwater hollow belly minnow with a custom poured plopper tail made with MakeLure.com molding and casting resins. I used mold putty for the mold and flex 80 to cast plopper tail. I had three big blowups in practice finally hooked the third one and got rewarded with the biggest fish prior to tournament and would have been biggest fish on tournament day. That Bass was 23 inches long and estimated 8 to 9 pounds. Big thanks to MakeLure.com for donating $50.00 gift card for youth anglers in Riverbassin Tournament and for making great products to prototype lures. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzTI6 ... VR3OTJJQ1k. The frog plopper in progression top to bottom https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzTI6 ... UhWZG1SZUU
Caja

Return to Lure Making