Spook type lure recs for stripers

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Spook type lure recs for stripers

Postby RhettWheeler » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:42 am

Been experimenting with different spook type baits for stripers- so far the 4.5" rebel jumping minnow is pretty hard to beat. I switch the trebles out with 4/0 inline single hooks. Can anyone recommend a spook type lure they like to use for stripers? My local tackle shops have been bought out of jumpin minnows (by me) keep losing them to big fish or big blues. :lol: looking for alternatives that get bit as well as and can cast as far as the jumpin minnows. Thanks in advance. Probably don't want bigger than 5" for my medium saltwater set up.

-Rhett
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Re: Spook type lure recs for stripers

Postby aka anglinarcher » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:59 am

Rhett, why don't you make some up. The jumping minnow is a great caster, does a pretty good job, and if you like it, it is a great one to make. :idea:
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Re: Spook type lure recs for stripers

Postby Cal » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Rhett,

We don't have stripers down here in South Texas, but I have had a lot of success with the surface Wide Glide on redfish and snook. The bait casts a mile, is the size of a medium-sized mullet, and the fish just love that swinging action it has. Give it a try.

Cal
I drank what?
--Socrates
Cal

Return to Saltwater Questions