Multi Cavity Whiggley Mold Video

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Multi Cavity Whiggley Mold Video

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdoorHHefcg

Just wanted to let you guys know I posted a new video of making a multi cavity production mold of my Mily (Larry's nickname for my Whiggley design). In the video, I show a couple unique processes ... first laser engraving RC-3 cast masters to give them detail and texture. Next making a 5 cavity mold using our Trans 40 platinum base silicone rubber ... which is a semi translucent silicone that allows you to see the masters and know exactly where you are cutting when removing them. Lastly, I will show you the exact percentages and process I use for pouring my Milys.

Hope the video is informative. Please let me know if you have any questions on any of the processes.
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Re: Multi Cavity Whiggley Mold Video

Postby apt1965 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Mike,
Watching your video on Mily and am interested in how you attach the 2 trebles. Is the nose connection the same as whiggly? How does it run. Sorry if this repeat not sure first post went
Thanks
DA
apt1965

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 am

I was introduced to this rig from the guys at Hardcore Lures in Sweden when fishing their Pike Strike. It is a screw lock nose with centering pin and a leader attached to two trebles that are pegged by a pin for each treble. Looks like this ... http://www.makelure.com/shared/upload/mike_img3064.jpg

I love them because they are completely versatile to any bait I wish to make and throw. Am using them now for all the bulldawg style baits that we made off of real fish. So nice not having to make an insert for every single lure I pour.

It runs great as I'm assuming you saw in the video and is much easier to make the lures as there is no insert other than the bbs I add for weight when pouring my Alumisol.

I'm now making these rigs my self. Bought the components online from aliexpress ... which is similar to amazon but overseas.

Hope this helps.
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby Caja » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Those carp center pins are cheap in Europe
Caja

Return to Lure Making