2-3 oz jig search

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

2-3 oz jig search

Postby blackmarketbaits » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:11 am

hello Larry, and everyone else.

I have an idea, for a tube design. and my problem is finding suitable jig heads, it's for musky and the overall design will be around 14 inches. so I'm assuming on using a 2-3 oz jig head. my problem is relating to an open water version. I am looking for a jig head that has 2 eyelets with one on the bottom for the option of attaching a treble. does anyone manufacture a type like this that I could buy in bulk? or is that something I would have to try to create in house..

thanks,

Shawn
blackmarketbaits

Re: 2-3 oz jig search

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am

Hmm. Interesting question. Not sure if I have ever seen one like you describe. sebile used to offer a big swimbait style hook with a hanger for a treble but i think it's been discontinued. There is a type of jig head called a "pony" or "horse head" style like a roadrunner lure ithat has a little deal on the bottom to accommodate a spinner. I'm pretty sure molds for them are available. I suspect it will be the closest thing to what you are looking for. The other option is to make a simple mold and add what ever you want to it! I'd use mold putty for the mold and a very simple cylinder shape for the head mold.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Caja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am

Here a 2oz jig made week ago with beast 10/0 hook, just install 7strand wire on bottom of jig head.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzTI6 ... no4RmJrZzg
Caja

Postby blackmarketbaits » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:33 pm

thanks for the info fellas, I have a few ideas that I think will work out. with what you guys have shown me
blackmarketbaits

Postby dahlberg » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:23 pm

great to hear, send us a pic of what you come up with if you have time!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Lure Making