One verses two piece rods

General Questions

One verses two piece rods

Postby aka anglinarcher » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Larry, I know you are working with at least a couple of rod companies lately, so I wanted to get your views on single verses multi piece rods.

Know I know that the claim has always been that two piece rods were prone to breakage, but I have never broken a rod at the joint..... but have sure broken my share of rods. :oops: I know that multi piece rods are slightly heavier but only marginally so, and with your butt installed counter weights I would say a non issue. :?:

Many of us have boats and the ability to store 6' and 7' long rods, but I would think that most fishermen still benefit from the ability to store and travel with shorter rods. So........why is it getting so hard to get high end rods in multi piece? Is it just a case of saving money or was the hype on strength so great that people are afraid of multi piece rods?
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Re: One verses two piece rods

Postby bassfighter1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:14 pm

Hey AA,I'm In The Same Boat You Are,I Can't Find Many Casting Rods In Two Piece,And I'ts Hard To Put A 7ft Rod In A Small Car
bassfighter1

Postby dahlberg » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:15 am

hey guys,
That's a glad you asked that question! Having made the same observation and conclusion as you guys, I've teamed up with TFO and designed a series of two piece rods. They are scheduled to begin initial shipments in October. I've been using these sticks for almost a year and I'm really happy with them. Light, strong, really comfortable and enjoyable to fish with and, like the rest of the TFO stuff, wont break your pocketbook either!
We've gotten around the "tip heavy" feel by making the ferrule in the lower third. From my point of view I see no negatives in the two piece design.
best,
L.
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby aka anglinarcher » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks Larry, we do appreciate your work.
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Havent heard from you for a while. where are you hanging out these days?
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby aka anglinarcher » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi Larry,

Hanging out in Utah right now. Wife hated Louisiana, well, actually, hated the 47 species of snakes, of which 7 are poisonous; hated the 3 to 4 inch American Cockroaches; hated the spiders up to 4" long. She also feared, apparently correctly, the flooding. Other then that, she loved it. :shock:

Long story, and we do miss the people, the access to the Gulf, the fishing memories, but....... marriages come first. I think now is a good time to quote "Happy Wife - happy life".

If you get an email from Hickorybbqwood@....... it's me.
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Funny! I think your wife has keen survival instincts! Utah oughta be more to her liking. good to hear from you!
best
Li
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions