Snook

General Questions

Snook

Postby crabby1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:34 am

Larry, I'll never forget watching you surf fish for Snook in Costa Rica. I want to do that trip but would first like to ask for your recommendation for who I should fish with. Also do you believe it is possible to take a record class Snook by surf fishing? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Really enjoy your program. Your Blue Fin Tuna show is my favorite so far this season. Also enjoy your rod building segment.

Dennis Crabtree
crabby1

Re: Snook

Postby Bill Crain » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:46 am

RIO PARISMINA LODGE COSTA RICA
GO TO THE FISHING PAGE
RIOP.COM
Bill Crain

Postby dahlberg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 am

hi c
You are most likely referring to a show I did many years ago on the west coast of costa rica. Unfortunately, I know of nobody who has a guided operation for that sort of thing in the few rivers that still have potential on the west coast.
as bill crain suggests, rio parismina on the east coast has a good snook fishery, but it's very hard to time. as is evidenced by owner Judy's giant snook which she caught a few years ago, big snook still exist on the east coast, but giants over thirty pounds are very rare these days.
I would venture to say the best odds for anything big would be to focus on rivers with the lowest population of people, which would likely involve some camping and quite a good deal of recon.
sorry I couldn't be of more help.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Bill Crain » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 am

CHECK RIO PARISMINA ON FACEBOOK.
Bill Crain

Postby RhettWheeler » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 am

you can do decent on the snook on the west coast with topwater walking type baits (super spooks) gonna have to do a lot of walking the beaches and targeting structure for them. I know you asked about a guide, but i just wanted to throw that out there as well if you're fishing in your off time.
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Return to General Questions