New stuff

General Questions

New stuff

Postby warpsyrhead » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:39 am

Mornin' community!

I read on here recently that our hero, Larry, would be down in Orlando for the iCast convention this week.
Did any of you follow coverage this year? What did you see that caught your eye? Anything you need to have? Any companies that you pay particular attention to? What cool stuff is out there now?

When I first saw those Livingston lures that had the chip inside that emitted bait fish sounds, I figured that was the end of the line as far as technology and creativity. Looks like this year they added the ability to change between a few different sounds that they can put out. It makes sense, but it's still unbelievable how far this sport has come. Next thing you know Berkley Gulp is just going to be some HGH you inject into your bait to make it bigger and meaner so it goes out and finds the biggest fish in the water and wrestles it onto the hook for you!
warpsyrhead

Re: New stuff

Postby aka anglinarcher » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:14 pm

LOL, I had the idea of using sound in a lure a LONG LONG time ago, but the cost of putting anything in the lure was too much. Now, if Livingston can sell me lures I can program with MY custom sound, at a price I can afford......... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

My little secret is that I discovered a sound some 20 plus years ago that calls fish right in, but ........ have no way to duplicate it in fishing conditions. OUCH!

I did follow some of iCast this year, but no specific companies, nothing specific caught my eye. I am sure that there is something that will turn up that I just have to have. LOL

Do want to know if Larry saw anything that he can comment on. :mrgreen:
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Postby Texasfisher1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 am

Would you be so kind as to share what that sound is??? Maybe??? Please???? I won't tell ne one. Promise. Would be awfully generous of you :D :) :) :D Lol.
Texasfisher1

Postby aka anglinarcher » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:34 pm

NO! :lol:

Besides, you would not believe me anyway. :oops:
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am

hi all
I did indeed attend the show. In fact, if you really want to know what a dinosaur I am, I will admit I've attended every one since 1974 except one. I chose to boycott it the first year it was held in Las Vegas. (It had always been at McCormick Place in Chicago prior to that)
I attempted to walk the entire show but only covered about 1/4 of if. I didn't see anything too exciting, but may have missed it if it was there!
The one thing new from River2Sea is a midget sized whopper plopper, which is quite cute.
I'm embarking on a (for now) secret project which I am more excited about that anything I've done in the past thirty years. More on that later.
Hope everyone is having a great summer.
I had my best day ever on the water the sunday following Icast. You can check out the photos and report on The Hunt for Big Fish face book page.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby warpsyrhead » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Larry,
I read your post on Facebook, it was a rollercoaster of a read!
I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss but did love the story and picture!

Also very excited to find out about the secret (for now) project.

My best,
Brian
warpsyrhead

Postby aka anglinarcher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 am

Hmmmm, midget whopper plopper? I have been using the current small ones for Brown Trout (yes you nay sayers, you would be very supprised), LMB and SMB. That midget might open up a few more of those Browns. So............ Now I won't need to make my own. LOL

I have avoided going on Facebook to this time, and now even Larry is holding out on this site and only reporting on Facebook. Ouch! I guess that now I am the Dinosaur, so maybe, perhaps, I need to ............... :x :oops: :cry:
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:00 pm

No holding out at all. I am more or less forced to have a facebook page for the hunt for big fish business. If not for that I would never have or ever be compelled to have anything to do with facebook. In my mind, this forum with it's simple question and answer format is all I would ever be interested in as it connects me with other like-minded people who are interested in having more or less serious conversations about all aspects of angling.
Your own contributions to the forum are very much appreciated and always add depth and insight to whatever the conversation happens to be about, and I and others on the forum are much indebted for that.
Did you move yet?
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby aka anglinarcher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Larry, please know I was joking. I have been holding out on Facebook because employers are asking to be friended, and I really don't know if I want employers to be "friends" on a social network. Hmmmm, do I want them to know what my family is really like. LOL Will my family be offended if I am friends with Hunt for Big Fish, but not with them. ROFLOL

Have I moved yet? No, and I am not sure if I am going to. I am going there on Monday to visit the place and help get the office open, and I guess I will need to make a final decision. I have my concerns, and part of the concerns are "am I moving because I want the fishing or am I moving to better my family?" I fear my love of fishing may be clouding my judgment! Ouch. :oops:
aka anglinarcher

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Is clouding the same as affecting when it comes to decision making? I knew you were kidding, but didn't want to miss the chance to zing facebook and what it seems to represent (to me anyway)
In the immortal words of my grandson Vaughn, "why would we NOT go fishing?" and to extrapolate a little, why would it NOT enter into the decision making process of what ever we happen to be deciding??!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby aka anglinarcher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm

You are correct, the fishing does enter the decision making equation. I just hope it is not the only variable I am using. LOL
aka anglinarcher

Return to General Questions