Mr.Wiggle

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Mr.Wiggle

Postby Inshore » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Larry, was wondering when or if you going to put the Mr.Wiggle on the market.For someone like me who thinks making them are to complicated.Buying them in the colors and sizes for bass to Tarpon would do me fine. Derrick
Inshore

Re: Mr.Wiggle

Postby dahlberg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi D
I'm working on it! Mr Whiggley has become one of my main "go-to" guys and it is time to share! Keep an eye here and on the River2Sea website. When Whiggley is ready for commercial combat that's where you'll find it!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Inshore » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Great! Glad to know were are on the same page. Hope it's available for my next tarpon trip.
Inshore

Postby dahlberg » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Actually, other than when they are keying on ladyfish, I've my best artifical lure type tarpon activity on the small subsurface and surface wideglides. If you've not tossed them at 'poons I'm quite sure you'll be pleased at the results.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Inshore » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I didn't have @ the time but I got them in from Monster a few weeks back.Boating the juveniles on the flats is not all what I expected.They spend half the time in the air.However the100+# has my most respect because of unpredictability 
Its not so much as getting them on but keeping them on.Weighted lures seem to just rocket out of their mouth.A lure that would slide up the line,well you know. Me rigging up something to that effect just ain't gettin it done,action/confidence wise.
Having spent well over a G on 'poon charters that resulted in pulled/bent or flying lures score 0-9 is very hard on my ego.A soft plastic jerk is also my go to bait that's why I asked.I will give those W.G.a toss.Thanks for reading and keeping me entertained during these cold times
   Derrick
Inshore

Postby Inshore » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Okay I'm sold on what to buy to make my own. Can Larry or anyone tell me which kit to buy and what ever else I need to get from screw heads to dye's. Will call the # but I need all the help I can get. Thanks Derrick
Inshore

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 pm

You'll need the soft bait kit and perhaps another lb kit of High Strength 2 depending on how big you may your Whiggley. The Soft Bait kit comes with everything you'll need. By the time you carve up your original and receive your kit, we will hopefully have the in depth sequence on MakeLure.com as to how to make Whiggley step by step.

Mike
Alumilite
Mike - Alumilite

Return to Lure Making