Midwest power finesse jigs

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Midwest power finesse jigs

Postby Caja » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:09 am

Midwest power finesse jigs with plastic/tungsten one mold jig size three different weights 1/32oz, 1/20oz, 1/16oz. Used AlumiUV to set wire keeper. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzTI6 ... zFfRnhsQzg
Caja

Re: Midwest power finesse jigs

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:49 pm

good idea with the hook keeper! That will catch fish. I remember when the "mushroom" head design was invented. A guy from north of brainerd, MN name Conrad "Connie" Peterson came up with it first as far as I know.
Connie was a friend who I first met in the early '70"s , he was a really good tackle maker and unfortunately passed away a few years back. His company was Gopher Tackle.
Messing with what you put behind them to vary sink rate from super super slow to super quick, and every speed in between, plus mess with balance so they sink either in horizontal or vertical position.
very versatile design. you will catch lots of fish on it if it lands in the right place!!
good work, thanks for the post!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Caja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Cool history on Midwest mushroom jig. It is hard to come up with unique lures/tackle. I enjoy making new lures and improving existing lure designs and making them Alumilite products. Thanks for the input Larry. Good Fishing, Caja
Caja

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:15 pm

I think most lures sort of "evolve" out of progressive tweaks and changes to things already in existence. Sort of like "lure hacks", every now and then a new family of lures emerges with a unique fuselage, or novel use of control surfaces. at other times a new material or process makes innovation possible.
I enjoy finding out where the first spark came from that kindled the fire of invention, and always like to credit whoever it was who made the contribution. After all, we all are indebted to them for contributing to angling's body of knowledge, and, sadly, in many cases our acknowledgment is their only reward!
I like your very practical, creative and logical approach in creating your fishing tools.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Caja » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Caja

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:08 am

cool, head must balance with hook and hook shank. Bet they work really well.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Caja » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:34 am

Vertical mold that I turned horizontal after pouring let tungsten settle to bottom of jig head plus non lead wire wrap
Caja

Return to Lure Making