soft plastic mantis shrimp

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

soft plastic mantis shrimp

Postby barra chaser » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Larry I just wanted to know what your thoughts would be about a soft plastic praymantis shrimp I made. I thought I woud no longer keep it secret and show people my lure so I decided to post it on a fishing blog that I won't name the administor of this blog just gave me a negative feed back he also called it to complicated and also said stripers will not touch it because its not natural. Well little does he know it has a natural gliding and tail ficking action that is how I designed it have a lifelike action. I had done a lot o online searching to find a soft plastic mantis shrimp and only came up with the berkly mantis shrimp my design is an almost replica of the praymantis shrimp there is no other soft plastic lure like it a all. I just wanted your opinion if it is a to complicated design and should I stick to basic designs. Any feed back would be appreciated ctalman.
barra chaser

Re: soft plastic mantis shrimp

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:10 am

Can you post a link to somewhere we can see a photo of it?

thx,
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby barra chaser » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:39 am

Hey Mike just letting you know I posted photos of lures I make there is one photo of my mantis shrimp also a couple other photo of lure prototypes made with sculpey clay I put them on Makelure.com I cannot see them yet there under the name charlie talman.
barra chaser

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 am

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I saw your pics but we are having getting them and others loaded up. New website, new process for uploading the pics and the guy who knows the proper way of doing it was gone the end of last week. So we will have your pics up by Tuesday as we need to make sure they are uploaded properly and don't mess anything up as I'm pretty sure I would've done.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby barra chaser » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:15 am

Hey Mike just letting you know I decided to make a facebook page to show all my lures that I make. My facebook page is called CalJais Lifelike lures.
barra chaser

Postby barra chaser » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:45 pm

barra chaser

Return to Lure Making