Larry hosting Seminar at Alumilite/MakeLure

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Larry hosting Seminar at Alumilite/MakeLure

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Proud to announce a first ever MakeLure Workshop/Seminar hosted by Larry Dahlberg. During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to meet Larry, hear him speak on a pertinent topic of spring fishing as well work side by side with Larry, myself, and other Alumilite staff on the latest and greatest products and tools used to make your own lures. We encourage guests to bring projects you'd like help on or lures/molds you have made to discuss, display, or simply show off.

When: Sunday, April 19th from 3-6pm
Schedule:
3:00-4:00 Meet and Greet with Larry
4:00-4:40 Seminar (Topic covered: Effects of Long Winters on Early Spring Fishing ... as well as anything lure making and open question/answer time)
4:40-6:00 MakeLure Product Stations
(including Alumisol, 3D Printing, Alumi-UV, Copic Paint System, AlumiDust, Vac 50 (for making soft plastic production molds), Resin Casting (for hard baits), and much more

Space is limited so please rsvp at http://www.makelure.com/rsvp

Side Note Opportunity: While in Kalamazoo, visit D&R Sports - Spring Fishing and Boat Show where you can not only meet Larry but also Kevin VanDam, Jonathan VanDam, Tim Horton, and many others. This is another great venue going on before our workshop on Sunday if you are coming in from out of town and not aware of it. It starts Friday and ends on Sunday afternoon. Visit http://www.dandrsports.com for more information or the flier with info for the Fishing and Boat Show is here ... http://www.dandrsports.com/Weekend_Even ... QCPpMItG70
(the specific seminar schedule does not look to be released yet)

If you have questions, please let us know.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Re: Larry hosting Seminar at Alumilite/MakeLure

Postby bassfighter1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Wow I Wish I Could Be There,Is The Seminar Going To Be On Video.
bassfighter1

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:14 am

Most likely not as it would be way too long. Perhaps we will video each station and cut the videos into individual segments or compile one overall. We do plan to have new product stations set up for people to coat lures with UV, see how 3D printing works as its printing a lure, the difference between injecting soft plastics in a mold vs hand pouring, using Alumildust, using Copic paint system on hard and soft lures, etc. It will be pretty hands on.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby MikeW87 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:45 am

I RSVP'd about a week ago. I didn't know about D & R's event so I'm be driving out earlier. I haven't been to Kalamazoo in over 20 years since I went to Western so it will be nice to visit again.
MikeW87

Return to Lure Making