Hard Bait Kit topwater ...

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Hard Bait Kit topwater ...

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Just thought I'd share with you a little topwater bait that I've been working on. Just posted a pic of it on makelure.com Its 3.5" long. I sculpted it out of Sculpey III, molded with High Strength 2, then cast with White and microballoons. When I add the prop to the back, it sits pretty tail down on the pause which worked fine but I also wanted to try one that sat flatter on the pause so I switched resins for the body ... kept a small amount of White in the belly, then used AlumiFoam for the body. This made it buoyant enough to lay much flatter in the water with the big rear prop. Here is a link to the pic ... http://www.makelure.com/Lures.cfm

Materials used ... 1.25 oz of Sculpey III and 1/4 lb of High Strength 2 for the master and the mold. And approximately 3/4-1 fl oz of Alumilite White, along with 3/4 oz of microballoons per lure.

(AlumiFoam and hardware - hook eyes, prop, split rings, hooks are not part of the Hard Bait kit but all sculpting, molding, and casting materials needed are included and enough to make multiple designs. With approximately 1 fl oz of resin used, the hard bait kit has enough Sculpey III, mold making rubber, resin, and microballoons to mold and cast approximately 4 different designs and approximately 32 different baits of this size. I mention this because we get asked quite a bit how much material comes in the kit. It is all relative to your lure size and the design. This bait is fairly streamline which allows you to make a mold with a small amount of rubber. Bigger lures you may only get 1 mold or not even 1 mold due to the size. Use the calculator or call if you need help calculating how much material you will need for a particular lure.)

If you think this lure would make a good video, please let me know and we'll put it together.
Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Re: Hard Bait Kit topwater ...

Postby bennie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Your lure looks nice and I like it so you should make the video.Is the sculpey 111 and the AlumiUV in the Hard bait kit?Bennie
bennie

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:21 am

Sculpey III yes, AlumiUV no ... but coming soon.
Mike - Alumilite

Postby bennie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Thank`s Mike, Let us know soonest you release the AlumiUV. Bennie.
bennie

Return to Lure Making