Whopper Plopper Tail

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Whopper Plopper Tail

Postby bassfighter1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Hey Larry, What Material Did You Use To Make The WP Tail Was It Flex40 OrNo I' Trying To Make My Own Thanks Again
bassfighter1

Re: Whopper Plopper Tail

Postby dahlberg » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:47 am

Flex 80.
good luck!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Fomen38 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:22 am

Larry, I'm curious if you have ever experienced difficulties with castings using the Flex products? I just posted a thread a few weeks back regarding some difficulties I was having with "crumbly" castings. There was another member of this forum who chimed in with similar troubles. Mike F gave us some stellar advice, but I still find it difficult to get the product to cure "perfectly". I know you have a pressure pot, so you degas your castings now; but before you had it, did you ever experience difficulties similar to the aforementioned? If so, were you able (through trial and error) to find a successful method to get the resin to cure properly?

Thanks Larry,
Scott
Fomen38

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 am

Although it's no doubt a good idea, I've not had to use the de-pressure pot when mixing the flex products, but they can be a bit touchy. Main thing is to make sure the A and B components are warm, stir well, preheat your mold, and allow plenty of time before you demold. I always keep an eye on the cup I mixed the material in and don't demold until the material in the cup has set up.
In fact, I'm messing with flex 30 and 40 today to try and make a "skin" over flex-foam so it won't absorb water!
good luck with your project. Hope this helps!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Lure Making