Whitefish

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Whitefish

Postby RhettWheeler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:46 am

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj23 ... 654323.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj23 ... d67094.jpg

Got a friend heading up North to find toothy critters in a few months. Gotta help a brother out right?
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Re: Whitefish

Postby Watchhiller » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Last edited by Watchhiller on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watchhiller

Postby RhettWheeler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Oh they swim pretty nice :mrgreen:

I wouldn't dare ever say they swim as good as larry's though. Those things rock. Mine definitely do look alive in the water I can say that.
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Rhett,

Many people that I've seen doing Whiggley's are coming up with there own nose ring variation to slide the leader through and belly hook as Larry does. Some people even just use some Owner Twist Locks in the nose which I'm sure might work for a little while before tearing up but just wondered how you were rigging them as I didn't see any hardware in the nose. If its proprietary, no worries, just wondering.

Great patterns. You got me thinking that we should throw a post out there to invite AlumiDusters to post on the MakeLure gallery there favorite dustilicious creations.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby Fogeljazz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 am

Looking very nice, Rhett! How much softener did you use in those? If that's ok to ask?
Fogeljazz

Postby RhettWheeler » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 am

Mike - Alumilite wrote:
> Rhett,
>
> Many people that I've seen doing Whiggley's are coming up with there own nose ring
> variation to slide the leader through and belly hook as Larry does. Some people
> even just use some Owner Twist Locks in the nose which I'm sure might work for a
> little while before tearing up but just wondered how you were rigging them as I
> didn't see any hardware in the nose. If its proprietary, no worries, just wondering.
>
> Great patterns. You got me thinking that we should throw a post out there to invite
> AlumiDusters to post on the MakeLure gallery there favorite dustilicious creations.
>
> Mike

I do a centerpin (owner) in the nose that i screw in before I clear coat. My buddy wanted to try his own rigging method with these ones (basically insert a straw to slide the leader through with a single treble hook.

No secrets here! I think larry's method for riggin' provides for the best action!
RhettWheeler

Postby RhettWheeler » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 am

Fogeljazz wrote:
> Looking very nice, Rhett! How much softener did you use in those? If that's
> ok to ask?

Hey Fogel, I just basically do a 20% dilution.
RhettWheeler

Return to Lure Making