My first mr. Wiggly

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

My first mr. Wiggly

Postby Toyota13532 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 pm

I made my wiggly out of red cedar, the wood was easier for me to cut, carve and sand and still keep my center lines and shape perfect, after a final sanding I dipped the wooden wiggly in acrylic latex paint to achieve a very smooth symmetric blank to mold, my question is will the alumilite 2,3 stick to my painted blank when making my mold?
Another question I have is, when do u add the dye, glitter flakes, or alumidust to the aluminsol, before heating or after the pouring temp is reach?
Toyota13532

Re: My first mr. Wiggly

Postby dahlberg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 am

No worry with the High Strength 2 or3 sticking.
You mix the color or glitter after the alumisol has come up to temp.
good luck!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby RhettWheeler » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

Post your pics to photobucket when you finish and share your work with us I'd love to see it! That high strength 2 and high strength 3 is as legit as it comes.
"Fear not the man who knows 10,000 kicks but has practiced them one time. Fear the man who knows one kick and has practiced it 10,000 times."
RhettWheeler

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:57 pm

The only thing High Strength 2 or 3 will still to is another silicone or soak into any porous surface. If you have a painted surface that is sealed, not porous, no worries. Just remember it will pick up the exact detail of your original. If you have a tiny scratch on your master, you will have a tiny scratch in every lure you ever pour. So make sure you love your master before pouring the silicone. And I second the vote for pics on photobucket or post them to MakeLure.com gallery (lure photos).

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby Toyota13532 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks everyone for the great replies they were most helpful, I am so excited to find these
products to use in lure making, it will be such and adventure to come up with new muskie
Lures made out of material other than wood, metal, or feathers.
Toyota13532

Return to Lure Making