alumilite silicone mold trouble

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

alumilite silicone mold trouble

Postby Hitlist » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am

Darn have to post again. My molds break apart quite easily and are not nearly as flexible as Larrys look.
I have weighed the mix and used the measuring cup method and both turn out the same. I bought the five pound tub and a kit. The kit only came with maybe 1/2 oz. of release liquid also, is that right?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanx

Oh fedex just sent me another $16 charge for shipping for the tub from alumilite. That makes shipping too expensive . Not good.
Hitlist

Re: alumilite silicone mold trouble

Postby dahlberg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:24 am

which rubber are you using? quick set, or high strength ?
Quick set will tear pretty easily, but the high strength compounds should be tough as nails if mixed properly.
best

L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Hitlist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Quick set. darn, I guess I will have to order more and hopefully have some molds that will stay together. Have to find somewhere that has cheaper shipping though. Fedex killed me. Ih well I guess. I want to make some lures cheaply(so to speak) to bring to third world country and give to fishermen and hopefully help them get some food with a good lure. Your stuff looks like it will work great. Love all you do

Thanx
Hitlist

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Where are you shipping it too?

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby Hitlist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Nova Scotia Canada,

I don't mind the shipping it here with the upfront charges it is just the charges that seem to come in the mail . i can't remember if it was this one that I thought I had to pay for at the door of house too or not. Too much stuff arriving at the same time .now I need to order the high strength and make some more molds to get it right. I also have another lure I would like to try.
Thanx
Hitlist

Return to Lure Making