Just a thought...

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Just a thought...

Postby lilpdriverrat » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 am

How about a video showing how to make the complex molds like the one used in "advanced wiggly".
lilpdriverrat

Re: Just a thought...

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:53 pm

That mold was made off of some SLA (3D printed parts) that were originally created for Larry's first "engineered prototypes" but the concept could be replicated by hand and domonstrated for you. Is the question how to do the 4 piece mold ... separate 2 piece mold of the tail that then lines up with another 2 piece mold for the body?? If that is the question, yeah, I think we can do a video like that for you. Perhaps I'll do it on a slightly different bait such as a bulldog or big grub or tail bait.

The concept is to be able to more easily pour the tail which is sometimes difficult to fill if and when it is attached to the body of the bait. So having the ability to pour them separately sometimes helps. I'm working on a big weedless grub that I think this will work on. Originally I used a simple one piece split mold which we will post early next week but I could use this same bait to make a 4 piece mold. Might take me a couple weeks but I think we can get it done.

Thanks for the suggestion and if I'm off track on what I'm interpretting you are looking for, please let me know and make sure we are showing you what you'd like to see.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Postby lilpdriverrat » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:32 pm

That is exactly what I was asking...the 4 piece mold

Thanks
lilpdriverrat

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 am

Sounds good, will do.
Mike - Alumilite

Return to Lure Making