Great Lure build off - 2012 ** Comments

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Great Lure build off - 2012 ** Comments

Postby aka anglinarcher » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 pm

OK, not a question, but some comments and observations.

First, there are a lot of great lure makers out there, amateurs and experienced for sure. Someone must win, the rest of us will lose, but that does not make our lures less effective or less inventive. I hope that some of you will share lures with us later - I know that I would like a few of them myself. :idea: :!: There appear to be several lures that are worthy of winning.

Second, our voting may not be the most accurate. :lol: :lol: I think I am a pretty good judge of new, innovative, original, and versatile lures. I have tried to vote based on certain criteria and I am somewhat surprised that while I tended to vote higher than the average, with only a few exceptions, my scores paralleled the overall results. In retrospect, I wish that I had formalized a voting criteria like on the Military Channel or the Food Network. :lol: :lol: :lol: Something like x points for originality, y points for versatility, z points for fishability, etc., etc. I fear that there are a lot of 1 star votes for others and 5 star votes for ourselves that skew the results. I also suspect that some of us have more friends, or e-mail addresses, then others. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :roll: Nevertheless, I think I could have done better at voting and if there is a 2013 super lure build-off, I expect to be more consistent in my votes.

Third, some don't seem to follow the rules very well. :oops: :mrgreen: Still, I expect that every contest is that way. Still, if nothing more happens, a lot of great lures are getting exposure and a lot of new ideas are being exposed. In some cases, old ideas are being rediscovered; in other cases old ideas are getting a new twist. I also noticed that some of us would sure benefit from the Engineering prize offered by Alumilite for further lure development. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Forth, I am so glad that I am not a judge, and that we will have others that will be the final judges. This will not be an easy task. :shock:

To Larry Dahlberg, thank you for allowing and encouraging us to expand our minds. To Alumilite, River2Sea, and Mr. Ogawa, your support is something we very much appreciate.

To the Contestants, WELL DONE, VERY WELL DONE!
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Return to Lure Making