Injection tool?

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Injection tool?

Postby Railrider19920 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 am

Hi folks,
For those of you that inject, what are you using for an injection tool? In the flex 80 thread, Rocko mentions using a large syringe. Where can I find one of these? If its from a medical supply place, what do you folks tell them that you are using it for? Do plastic syringes hold up to the heat of the liquid plastic?
Thanks
Rob
Railrider19920

Re: Injection tool?

Postby BBK » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 pm

BBK

Postby rocko » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 pm

The injection tool I was using was a syringe I bought from a store called Farm N Fleet, that sells them for use in helping farmers treat their livestock. I have only used it for Flex 80, and not with hot plastisol, which is a completely different scenario. Please be careful if you try it for that! It works well with the rubber urethanes, which really don't stick to the plastic syringe, but I can't evaluate what might happen with the hotter plastisols.

rocko
rocko

Postby BBK » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am

It is going to melt and you will have a lap full of 320º plastic.
BBK

Postby daddy.bob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:21 pm

BBK is right on! You can not do better than Bears Baits. Bear also has an excelent forum with video demonstrtions and a great group forum users. I have learned a lot from them as well as Bear himself. Bear has great injectors and other stuff and his customer service and support is top notch. Pay special attention to his safety forum before you get in too deep or you will get burned literally.
daddy.bob

Postby aka anglinarcher » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 pm

There is a glass and metal body injection available for vet use, but it is very expensive. I have used a plastic syringe, but you get one shot before it melts the tip.

I used the plunger from a large syringe (left over after I melted the tip on the syringe), and formed a body with mold putty - works pretty well.

I also use a $10 injector made for Netcraft. It works pretty well, but you need to trip off alignment tips.
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Return to Lure Making