Attaching molded eyes to Alumisol lures

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Attaching molded eyes to Alumisol lures

Postby daddy.bob » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Hello Larry and fellow forum users. I've had limited success using PVC pipe glue to affix eyes to plastisol lures. However, I don't like the caustic smell and possible health risks. Any ideas?
daddy.bob

Re: Attaching molded eyes to Alumisol lures

Postby aka anglinarcher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

In some of the early videos, Larry had rigged the eyes so that they screwed one into another. It was a good idea, but I don't remember for sure if he made them or found the eyes. He would simply take one eye and insert it on one side and screw the second eye from the eye to the other eye.

Larry has a video posted of his advanced Mr. Wiggly, and that shows him using a tube that he inserts the eyse into. He uses a touch of CA (super glue_
) to hold them in place.

I don't know if this is what you are asking for sure, so I'll await feedback.
http://www.makelure.com/HowTos.cfm
Last edited by aka anglinarcher on Tue May 01, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think my bucket list has a hole in the bottom!
aka anglinarcher

Postby BassinK9 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 pm

I've used regular old Super Glue for years to do this and I've never had any issues with any of my swimbaits....... I even SuperGlue the eyes on my homemade umbrella rigs before I clear coat them.
BassinK9

Postby daddy.bob » Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 am

Thank's for the ideas. I just got some eyes with stems in the mail from Alumisol of course. The fluted stems on these solve the problem attaching eyes. I will glue them in, but the stems hold them in so well, that it's real easy to mount them in solidly,
daddy.bob

Return to Lure Making