Advanced Mr. wiggly mold?

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Advanced Mr. wiggly mold?

Postby recon321 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Hello to every one, been a huge fan of you Larry for sometime now. I am attempting to make my own mr. wiggly and have my masters made and cooked already. I plan to use some alumidust to color them. I watched the advanced wiggly video and noticed the mold had interlocking knobs, you also mentioned it woud be covered in future episodes. Not sure if its out yet or did i miss it? One other question, do you use a knife to cut the mold in half, and a drill to make the alignment holes? New to all this but very excited to get some wigglys cranked out, I live in washington state and fish in a couple tiger musky touraments and I know these muskys have never seen a mr wiggly!! Thanks
recon321

Re: Advanced Mr. wiggly mold?

Postby dahlberg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Always mold your "pins" into the mold. rtv is so rubbery it's impossible to drill. If you glance thru the tutorials on the makelure and alumilite sites you'll get all the info you need to make basic molds. The dimples are locator indents, made with marbles on one half the mold before the second part is poured.
good luck with your whiggley!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Mr. wiggly mold?

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm

http://makelure.com/HowTos/Swim%20Whiz%202%20Piece.pdf

Here is a link with some step by step instructions that will walk you through the process, including the use of locators (marbles in this case) to align your two piece mold.

Mike
Mike - Alumilite

Return to Lure Making