RageCraw trailer mold

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

RageCraw trailer mold

Postby Kitakis » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Any ideas for rage craw mold.Could i make an imprint in high strength 2 then pour 2nd for a 2 part mold.Already tried one piece mold for shad.how could i make two piece for shad;or turn my one into two.Thanku
Kitakis

Re: RageCraw trailer mold

Postby BassinK9 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 pm

I would suggest watching Larry's tutorial at MakeLure.com for swimbaits and see if that works for you. A couple of other ideas: (1)You could also make a two piece mold using synthetic clay (not Sculpey) and High Strength 2 or (2) Make a replica of the Rage Craw using Sculpey and bake it.... then make a one or two piece mold with it.
BassinK9

Postby Kitakis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:34 am

Craw trailer:I ran tiny wire (24 gauge) through the claws into the body , another at the tip of the claws to hold them together: that stiffened the claws enough to keep them straight.Then marked center line on mold box pieces allowing for half inch under and over part.At my center line i ran more wire through the mold box into the body and the claws.Poured HS2 up to claws.Next day used rubber 2 rubber release n poured 2nd half HS2.Every detail i was looking for is great.My shad also turned out excellent.I Couldn't have done this without adapting Larry's ideas to this application.Thank You Larry.I appreciate You and Mike passing on your Knowledge.Carol was very helpful too.I told carol i watched so many how to's Larry talks to me in my dreams.
Kitakis

Postby jsanders » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 am

You should see his 2 disc video that comes from alumilte. I watched it yesterday and had to get up last night and make notes of lure mods i need to make for my stripe lures! My wife is really pissed at him.
John Sanders
Work is for people who can't fish
jsanders

Return to Lure Making