Alumilite

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Alumilite

Postby Lenzo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:05 am

Hey Larry!

Very interested in your new shows, And even more intrigued about the lure contests…
I have some Alumilite products that I bought years ago at a Minnesota musky expo; I really enjoy the product and am looking into buying some more…I notice that some of the products have an expiration date…. So my question is, should I bother messing with stuff (past the expiration date) or is it totally cashed??

Also, Where is a good source to buy materials like wires, swivels, and spoons for lure creation?

Thanks,

John
Lenzo

Re: Alumilite

Postby dahlberg » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 am

Hi John
Unless moisture has been introduced the goop may very well be just fine. I'd mix a little and test it before trashing it!
If it's not been opened chances are it's fine.
If you google lure making components you will find a whole bunch of suppliers! We are now including wire in the offering at Makelure.com, but have no plans for swivels etc. that are easy to find elsewhere!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby mikett » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:15 am

I checked the make a lure web site but did not see the wire you mentioned. Did I miss it? Thanks...mike
mikett

Postby dahlberg » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 am

sorry, it must not be up yet. keep an eye out. it should be there in a day or two, or just call!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Lure Making