Mike, shelf life of high strength

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Mike, shelf life of high strength

Postby lucky stick » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey Mike,

Was wondering what the shelf life is on The 10 lb option of the high strength? Not thinking I would burn through it in a couple of month.

While I'm at it, what is the potential shelf life of the Alumilite regular?

Thanks
lucky stick

Re: Mike, shelf life of high strength

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Not Mike, but I've had for well over a year. It settles but you just have to stir up and it's fine.
I'm sure Mike (aka Goop King) will give us the straight goop scoop when he uncovers the pile of stuff he has to do having just returned from the Chicago Musky expo! He and I were there this last weekend and have so much stuff cooking with the new Alumidust process and the Lure Build Off I have a feeling he will be a little busy the next few days!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Did you say days or months?!?

Good question Lucky Stick. We warrant the silicone for 6 months and our casting resins for a year. But as Larry said, the materials will hold for years. The key is to avoid moisture in both the silicones and the urethanes. Moisture will react with the materials and can affect the shelf life. Normally in unopened containers this is never an issue. We do not recommend storing this in garages, pole barns, or other non controlled environments. Simply store on a basement shelf out of the reach of children and pets or in another cool, dry, stable location.

Mike
Alumilite
Mike - Alumilite

Postby lucky stick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks for the reply guys!

For the price point and where my interest level is it makes "cents" to save $11 a pound on a volume purchase. (especially when I now know I have a whole open water season to "make a better mouse trap".
lucky stick

Postby Mike - Alumilite » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Go get em' and make sure to show us what you've been up to or better yet, submit your better mouse trap to the Build Off.

We love seeing what people come up with.
Mike
Alumilite
Mike - Alumilite

Return to Lure Making