Knot sequence on Mr. Wiggley

Questions about Making Your Own Lures

Knot sequence on Mr. Wiggley

Postby lucky stick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Mr. Dahlberg,

Could you share the sequence of knots you use to connect the wire to the bait, wire to the hollow ace, and the hollow ace to the main line?

Are you using titanium wire?

Seeing the Tranx in action was unbelievable. Those tails were moving so fast with such little effort. Will have to save my pennies so I can save my wrists.

Top notch camera work as well. Camera man catching the boat side bite was an awesome visual!

Thanks!
lucky stick

Re: Knot sequence on Mr. Wiggley

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 am

Loop splice in hollow ace, or bimini in power pro. The "lead filled" hollow ace has a loop splice on each end. Whiggley had a twist melted loop on each end to do loop to loop connection with lead filled hollow ace and split ring and hook on the other end.
I'll share your compliment with my cameraman, who is sure to appreciate it!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Knot sequence on Mr. Wiggley

Postby lucky stick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks for sharing your insight with me Mr. Dahlberg. Looks like I have some boy-scout like knot tying practicing to do this winter. The walleye guys obviously caught on to the benefits of lead, but I don't think it is mainstream with the Muskie nuts yet. It will allow me to put my creation in a different strike zone than the muskies are use to seeing.

On a side, after missing countless muskies on quick strike rigs over the past years, and having seen your tips on the bridaled sucker/hook ahead rig. A good buddy of mine, with more time to fish in the fall than me, managed to out fish the other boats living in the holes by about 10 to 1. By the last day if the season one of the other boats nosed right in as he was unhooking a fish to find out what he was doing that was so much different than his rig.
lucky stick

Return to Lure Making