Hunt for big anniversary

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Hunt for big anniversary

Postby Questor » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 am

My wife and I celebrate our 25th in a few years and I'd like to make a special trip for it. I considered the Cairns, great barrier reef, area of Australia. We might still do that, but I think we may be able to find something as supremely beautiful closer to home. Can you tell me how the great barrier reef near Belize compares? I'm trying to find a supremely beautiful place on the ocean for a romantic getaway. Beaches, a little snorkeling, not much fishing, some sight seeing. Definitely not man-cave stuff, but sometimes these things must be considered. Thanks for any ideas you can give me.
Questor

Re: Hunt for big anniversary

Postby Henry Schmidt » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Curacao. A fascinating place. Alot of things for a lady to enjoy yet not overly 'touristy' so you can see the cultures true side thus keeping it interesting for a man. Plenty of swimming things inshore if you can slip a 4 pc. fly rod into you luggage.
Henry Schmidt

Postby Bill Crain » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Bill Crain

Postby Questor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks! Curacao is more our like what we would both enjoy. I had not considered it before. It's on my short list now.

I did look into the Belize barrier reef a bit more, and I'd like it a lot, but my wife would not enjoy it very much.
Questor

Return to Saltwater Questions