Hook system for Sebile Bonga Jerk lures

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Hook system for Sebile Bonga Jerk lures

Postby cdcraw550 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:04 am

Larry, saw (and loved) the Great Barrier Reef episode with the trolling and casting for Wahoo. What hooks were used on the Bonga jerk lures for the trolling. I know it was a single assist hook like you would use on a vertical jig. Can you identify the manufacturer and approximate size used? Also was the Bonga jerk the 165 or 215 size? Love the show!!
cdcraw550

Re: Hook system for Sebile Bonga Jerk lures

Postby dahlberg » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 am

We were using a new hook being marketed by sebile, and used both sizes of the bonga. I honestly do not remember the size, but would estimate it at between 7/0 and 9/0. The speeds these lures can be trolled without kicking out was somewhat amazing. I think 22 knots was the highest speed we got bit at!
Glad you enjoyed the shows, and thanks for the post!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Hook system for Sebile Bonga Jerk lures

Postby cdcraw550 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:44 am

Larry,
I cannot find those hooks anywhere (manufactured by Sebile)!! Can you provide a link to the captain you fished with on that show so I can follow up more fully. I want to order some of these lures and exclusively want to use the single, assist hooks, for trolling. My main targets here in Florida will be Wahoo, Kings, and the Koolie LL for Grouper. I even contacted Sebile and they did not make (or sell) that hook yet. Thanks so much for your help!!

Clint
cdcraw550

Return to Saltwater Questions