French Guiana

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

French Guiana

Postby EddyRider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Larry I was watching your show about Devil's Island and the Tarpon. During the one segment you had your lines twisted and the leaders were both rubbed and one of your clips was straightened out. Have you heard of the Tactical Anglers clips? The make a 175lb clip that is catching fish well over its rating and I thought that they might interest you. They are easy to use and come in 3 sizes 50, 125, 175 lbs. Tacticalanglers.com

Love the shows and tight lines.

Capt. Daniel
EddyRider

Re: French Guiana

Postby dahlberg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi Cpt D
Thanks for the info, I will check them out. The incidence of having a single tarpon nail two lures almost simultaneously was, in my experience, quite unusual. I've had it happen several times with marlin, but never with tarpon. I guess if he'd have been hooked up on lure B he'd have gotten away with it because of the bad snap!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby EddyRider » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 am

That is why is we do what we do right? The unexpected fish or hit is what keep us coming back for more. The TA clips are by far the easiest clip that I have ever used and they hold up. The 50# are perfect for sweetwater.....Enjoy the shows and keep up the good work...Give them a try....
EddyRider

Postby thinkfinx5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Larry,

I was watching this show and during the show you mentioned thousands of Tarpon come to this area but you were there the wrong time of year. What would be the right time of year for tarpon, and how would one go about making arrangements to fish for tarpon there? Or maybe another question would also be - what would your recommended place to tarpon fish be?

Thanks

thinkfinx5
thinkfinx5

Postby dahlberg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 am

Mid june thru mid july.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin