Mystery Fish Show

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Mystery Fish Show

Postby PaulGarth » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Hey,
I remember seeing one of your shows where you were chasing either Tarpon or Goliaths down south. Sorry I don't recall where. Towards the end of the show you and your crew hooked into some big fish that you were not able to land. They ended up breaking you off every time. Did you ever return to find out what they were? Is it covered in another show?! Much Thanks, Paul Garth Gray
PaulGarth

Re: Mystery Fish Show

Postby dahlberg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi P
Welcome to the forum. I returned indeed, a couple of months ago. I brought a proper belt and harness and Tallica 2 speed 25's and Torsa 40's loaded with 200lb power pro and 300 pound topshots. Yes, we did find out what they were, but you'll have to wait until the show airs (it will be the 6th episode of the new season) to find out!
Have a great new year!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Terry G. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 am

dang Tease !, hahah , welcome back home Larry or at least back on the tv.
when one cant fish, , one draws fish!
Terry G.

Postby yooper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:28 am

Larry,

I recently saw the episode where you returned to Guiana and landed some of those monster grouper. Those were some impressive fish and you were certainly putting your tackle to the test. Could you tell me what rods you had matched with the shimano reels? Specifically the green ones with the silver wraps and guides. Were these off the shelf or custom? If custom, do you know the blank they were built on? Thanks for any info you can provide, great episode!

DAN
yooper

Postby dahlberg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 am

We were using the new Shimano Terez rods (6'6" H and XH) and both Torsa and Tallica reels loaded with 200 power pro!
The Terez rods are available in several colors, which you can check out on the Shimano website. Yes, we did give them one heck of a work out, not to mention what our own bodies went through in the process!
Wish the water had been a little clearer so the 1000 pound manta ray I broke off at the boat had been more visible!
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions