shimano reel servicing

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

shimano reel servicing

Postby salmonneed help » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 pm

hey larry, ive got a shimano cardiff 400a thats a few years old and i have used it as my light bay reel teamed with a shimano scimitar rod. i recently noticed a weird sound sounds like it could be gear related. and possible the bearings are failing because it sure doesn't cast or freespool like it used to. id like try sending it in to shimano and this will be my first "sending reel in for repairs" experience so i thought i should ask around and make sure i get it done right. thanks a bunch.
salmonneed help

Re: shimano reel servicing

Postby dahlberg » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:58 am

Hey SNH
I think you will be really happy with the service you get from Shimano when you send in a reel. They're fast, fair and efficient.
My guess is, on your reel, all that's wrong is that the gear in the left side plate that is engaged to the level wind in dry and needs a micro drop of oil, but it's still a good idea to have a quick run through.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: shimano reel servicing

Postby Bantam1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:31 pm

We recommend having the reels serviced once a season to maintain the best performance. I can't post links so you will have to copy and paste this into your browser. This will take you to our repair request form:

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... vices.html
Bantam1

Return to Saltwater Questions