Belize suggestions

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Belize suggestions

Postby rwalkerdds » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:21 am

Hey Larry, I am going to be going to a wedding in Belize in Feb., 2011. I don't know much about the fishing there except that there is some flats fishing for Tarpon and Bonefish. Could you give me some suggested guides. I am game for blue water or inshore. Anything really since I live in WA and it would all be great for someone who hasn't caught those fish. I just want the most I can get. I don't fly fish and I have about a day for fishing.
thank you greatly,
Rich
rwalkerdds

Re: Belize suggestions

Postby dahlberg » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:08 am

I don't know any guides down there personally any more, but I'm sure you can google one!
YOu can use spin or conventional gear for snook, tarpon, small sharks, cuda etc.
Lures like zara spook, stick shadd, wide glide, and jigs (hair, plastic, etc.) in the 1/2 oz range are good choices.
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Belize suggestions

Postby Anglermanagment » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Eloy Quevas, he is a great angler and an even better man his trips are very cheap as well. He has a vast amount of knowledge and some amazing stories. He gives the Dos Equis man a run for his money at being the most interesting man in the world. He specializes in permit on the fly but when I go down we catch tons of different fish. The fishing is great but if you are looking to stay a couple days the accomodations are great for fisherman but terrible for a family.
Anglermanagment

Return to Saltwater Questions