Trevala fishing rods

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Trevala fishing rods

Postby andresbotero » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Hello Larry, I had the opportunity to ask you in Medellin Colombia where you attended a bass tournament about a lightweight rod I wanted to use for live bait fishing and trolling for sail fish, roosterfish, mahi mahi. You kindly sugested I buy the Trevala rod and pair it with the curado 300. I reaserched the product on the shimano web page but got very confused (please tell the guys at shimano to improve the website). They have the trevala S, trevala F, plain trevala. I don´t know wich one to get any more. I remeber you told me to get the Medium action. Do you recomend I buy the 1 pice or the 2 piece. is the butt dittachable on the 1 pice rod?
Please help me out of my confusion.
P.S. I saw the pictures of Alejandro Linares and yourself fishing for Tarpon in the pacific coast of colombia. Did you find what you where looking for in terms of size? What are your overall thoughts on the trip?
andresbotero

Re: Trevala fishing rods

Postby dahlberg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi A
Any of the series will work just fine. I personally prefer the two piece models. The rod plugs securely into the butt section and is super strong and extremely light as well.
We had GREAT tarpon fishing and landed some really nice fish. Alejandro had one bite, leap and toss the hook that had to be a solid 150 pounder. We encountered fish of all sizes, which indicates a very healthy fishery.
The trip was just great, I loved the people, the place and the fish. Just excellent! Now that Alejandro knows the trick to catching them and will no doubt share the info with all of his fishing pals, I have a feeling there's going to be lots of smiling Colombian anglers with tarpon on their lines!
thanks for the post!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby carliandres » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:22 pm

Larry/Andres!
I plan to buy a Trevala for jiggin' and inshore trolling...I really like the Trevala S, but...when it's going to enter the market?
I read on the shimano page that is around 159-169 USD.
Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Carlos Andrés Patiño Milanes
Barranquilla, Cartagena/ Colombia

"In the end, we will conserve only what we love, love only what we understand, understand only what we are taught"
Baba Dioum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/carliandres?feature=mhee
carliandres

Postby andresbotero » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks a lot larry!
andresbotero

Postby Bantam1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am

Larry had the standard Trevala if he was using the 2 piece model.

The Trevala S rods will begin shipping next month. These were designed for the new shallow Butterfly jigs. They have a much lighter action compared to the other Trevala models.
Bantam1

Postby carliandres » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 am

[quote="Bantam1"]Larry had the standard Trevala if he was using the 2 piece model.

The Trevala S rods will begin shipping next month. These were designed for the new shallow Butterfly jigs. They have a much lighter action compared to the other Trevala models.[/quote]

Bantam, thanks for your answer!
2 pieces Trevala's?? Where can I buy them online? In Basspro, Cabelas and Tackledirect I'd only found the 1 piece model....2 pieces for casting...but I have a Stradic8000 that's anxious for some jiggin' action!
Thanks a lot!
Carlos Andrés Patiño Milanes
Barranquilla, Cartagena/ Colombia

"In the end, we will conserve only what we love, love only what we understand, understand only what we are taught"
Baba Dioum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/carliandres?feature=mhee
carliandres

Postby Bantam1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 am

Tackle Direct should have them. We offer the TVC66MH2, TVC58XH2, TVC58XXH2 and TVC60H2.
Bantam1

Return to Saltwater Questions