Seychelle Islands

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Seychelle Islands

Postby John Dorr » Fri May 04, 2007 9:31 am

Ever since I was a young boy in Minneapolis I have been fascinated with the Seychelles. It has always been out of reach though until now. My wife and I want to take 2-3 week fishing trip there and need all the help we can get. Best time of year (for fishing and weather), best way to get there, clothing and gear to bring (offshore, nearshore and flats), necessary travel documents, guides (we prefer a more local approach rather than big yachts - we do a lot of ponga fishing in Mx., Central America and the Caribbean) general cost of trip, etc. Planning to go in 2008. Recently saw your Seychelle show---fantastic. Thanks for any help.
John Dorr

Postby dahlberg » Sat May 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi JD,
The fishing in the seychelles is very tightly controlled. All the best islands are literally uninhabited and require either or both a charter flight and an ocean going boat.
You're not going to find any "on the cheap" so to speak panga guys like you would in central and south america, except on the main island of Mahe, and it's not worth your time or money, believe me!
Check with Steve at adventure travel alliance (travel link on this site) and he can provide you with details.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions