Saltwater Owner box

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Saltwater Owner box

Postby Tarpon Tamer » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi LD,

Looking to clean up my "Frankenstein Monster" of a saltwater hook/rigging box! I am replacing a lot of miscellaneous rigging equipment and handing it down to my nephew for his first saltwater tackle box!

I salivate when I see row after row of "essentials" in your Owner box! What are the contents of your saltwater Owner terminal tackle box? Do you change contents as needed or do you have more than one Owner hook box?

Do you use the lightest swivel, split ring or solid ring you can "get away with" or do you go for maximum strength with terminal tackle?

Thanks
--------------<" ){{{{{{*><

Maverick HPX-V 90hp Yamaha

"I sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it, felt I owed it to them."
Judge Smails
Tarpon Tamer

Postby dahlberg » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:53 am

HI TT,
My hook box gets a make-over pretty often due to species switching, but I've always got a few super mutus in 7/0 and up just in case I run into something that's outrageously strong, I'll always carry the standard ssw "j" style hooks, always some sabiki rigs, always an assortment of owner trebles, (both the standard and xheavy duty) and hyperwire rings to replace the garbage hardware most lures some with. Also a small asst of mosquito hooks to catch bait if needed and standard mutu's and mutu light circles for different sized livies. Also carry floss, copper wire and needles. I like to use the lightest terminal stuff I can get away with when using lures and "delicate" bait stuff that's easily affected by xtra weight or gets easily off balance. If using big live bait and heavy gear I use the strongest stuff I can cobble together.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions