Advice from Larry

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Advice from Larry

Postby Seabiscuit » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 am

Dear Larry,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs are phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up.

My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them.."

I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep because I'm so tired after fishing all day. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

Around midnight, I decided to hide next to the garage behind my boat so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from her night out with "the girls". When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse, which was open, and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on.

It was at that moment, crouching behind the boat, that I noticed that there were some hairline cracks in my gelcoat, right where the hull meets the transom of my boat.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it over to the boat yard to have it repaired?

LOL,
Seabiscuit (Rich)
Seabiscuit

funny, funny stuff

Postby lunchbox » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 am

I read this at 6:30 am this morning before i took off for class and i had to read it twice. My brain shut down the first time, and the second time i laughed so hard i woke up my wife. Having been diagnosed with adult onset A.D.D. i have had those moments. Often much to my wife's amusement. Thanks for the awesome post.
lunchbox
Teaching fish the meaning of TANSTAAFL one day at a time.
lunchbox

Re: Advice from Larry

Postby Henry Schmidt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I bet your fun to fish with!
Henry Schmidt

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Sea,
I can imagine what a downer that how startled you must've b feel your pain. When you first notice the crack in the glass you imagine your motor falling off. Great News! You have nothing to worry about!
The crack issue is relatively cheap, simple, and inexpensive fix.
Mix about 4 oz each of gel and fill the cracks with a spatula type device appropriate to the size or shape crack. Of course you have to make sure the crack is clean. Use a steel brush if there's algae etc.
If you've got your wife's name painted on the boat and wind up with a few gel scratches if you choose to remove it you can use the same mixture, but thinned with gel thinner.
I found I get better curing by keeping temps slightly above recommended temps.
good luck with the project.
Suggest also you rename your boat "Miss Lead".
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Seabiscuit » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

OK, thanks Larry. What a relief - for a second there I thought I had a serious problem!

Best regards
Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit

Return to Saltwater Questions