Larry's All-Time Favorite Species

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Larry's All-Time Favorite Species

Postby Seabiscuit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Hey Larry,

In one of your lure making episdoes you indicated that you were going to have your ashes cast into a lure with specific instructions on where to fish it and to break it off when the fish is hooked. Question is, which species? I saw several discussions on other fishing forums where the posters were mortified of your plan. Makes perfect sense to me. So what is the chosen species, Larry - nothern pike?

Always enjoy your show.
Best regards

Seabiscuit (Rich)
Seabiscuit

Re: Larry's All-Time Favorite Species

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 am

Hi SEa
Actually, I've got 3 molds and 3 different species. One's a neutral twitch bait for tarpon, ones a musky jerk bait, and the other is a marlin trolling head. The instructions are to fish them until they are gone or totally destroyed, and if they get hung up on a snag to break them off.
I'm glad some people were mortified. Personally, grave yards, fancy "burial" suits, expensive embalming, viewing of dead bodies covered in pancake makeup, and the way funerals and death are handled in general mortify me in that it's so superstitious and totally wasteful.
But, what do I know. I'm a fish guy.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Larry's All-Time Favorite Species

Postby Terry G. » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am

hahah, i thought it was intriguing myself, my plan is to get sprinkled over my two fishing saltwater spots, although i may change spots soon if i dont start catching better fish soon.
hahah
when one cant fish, , one draws fish!
Terry G.

Return to Saltwater Questions