Reflective body material?

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Reflective body material?

Postby Grandpa21 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Larry,

Do you know what type of reflective material is used on many of the vertical jigs and hard baits? It looks almost like a reflective mirror finish tape that is then epoxied over. This material is not a simple flat mirror finish but more of a diamond type pattern made to refract the light in many directions. I would post some pictures but I'm not sure if this forum has the capabilities. I'm thinking that it could be purchased in sheets but I was wondering if it would be as simple as just cutting it to the proper size, sticking it on the lure, and then putting a coat of epoxy over it. I'm attempting to make the most durable lure possible and I know this is not the best description but if you know what I'm talking about and a place that I could purchase this please let me know.

Since the show's been on for a while I was wondering if the networks are ever going to start playing more of the older shows from the archives? Never having cable growing up I did not have the pleasure of seeing many of these episodes, It seems like I've seen every one of the newer episodes 5+ times! (but they never seem to get old!)

Thanks!
Grandpa21

Re: Reflective body material?

Postby Grandpa21 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:19 pm

I think I found what I was looking for and it's called Prismatic Tape. But if you have any other suggestions to get the same effect please share!
Grandpa21

Re: Reflective body material?

Postby kevinthegood » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:12 pm

HOLOGRAPHIC TAPE, STICKERS,TINFOIL, LARRY SELLS A PRODUCT CALLED MIRAGE ON HIS WEBSITE, I ALSO HAVE USED SHEETS OF HOLOGRAHIC MATERIAL I BOUGHT ON EBAY.
KTG
kevinthegood

Return to Saltwater Questions