Favorite Sufishing Destinations?

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Favorite Sufishing Destinations?

Postby surfman12 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:40 am

Hey everyone. I'm strictly a surfisherman who would like to dip into the global surfishing opportunities. Watching Larry catch Tarpon of the shore in Gabon and Giant Trevally in the Seychelles has opened my eyes to virtually untapped fishing destinations that offer explosive action. Among my desired species are roosterfish, tarpon, cubera, jacks, trevally, or any other fish that fits this basic mold: big, exciting, accessible from shore.

I'd like to know some of your favorite destinations for surf anglers in search of the exciting worldwide opportunities. Tarpon and Roosterfish are at the top of my list, but I'm open to anything.

I find catching prized gamefish from shore to be an unbelievable thrill, and I hope you guys will help me. If you would like to discuss specifics regarding lodging, techniques, specific locations, etc, my email is danguad@verizon.net.

Thank you in advance. I can't wait to hear the responses.

Dan G
surfman12

Re: Favorite Sufishing Destinations?

Postby dahlberg » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Dan
I agree, there's something magic about being immersed with the fish and unencumbered by a boat. Plus, the sound is a whole lot better. Also, something special when you get in the groove tidewise.
I used to do quite a bit of it in costa rica (west side) for snook and roosters but most of the river mouths are pretty crowded now.
The west africa stuff is a riot, and there are many places that have not been overrun.
For details on lodges contact Steve Yatomi, adventure travel alliance, which can be accessed by clicking the world travel link on page 1 of the hfbf website.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions