Best Inshore Reel for the Salt

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Best Inshore Reel for the Salt

Postby Grandpa21 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 am

Larry and/or Dan Thorburn,

I'm looking to upgrade my light inshore kayak fishing setups. This has been long overdue, but as of right now I'm thinking about going with a Curado and Stradic both paired with Teramars.

My question is if either one of you could explain which model of each is specifically designed to be fished in the salt? Could you explain the letter designations for each reel? I'm not set in my decision of these two reels but so I'm up for any other suggestions as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

p.s. I'm digging the new website format and also the last lure making show. Very cool.
Grandpa21

Re: Best Inshore Reel for the Salt

Postby Bantam1 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 am

All of our reels are approved for use in saltwater. The letters designate generation. The E is the most current model in the Curado series. The letters go in order from A, B, D, E ect;

The spinning reels use the same letters for generations. The first letter will be an F or R. This is for front drag or rear drag.

I think you will be more than happy with a Stradic and Curado for inshore uses.
Bantam1

Re: Best Inshore Reel for the Salt

Postby Grandpa21 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 am

Dan,

Thanks for the info. I guess I get a little confused sometimes because in the Stella series I'm pretty sure the letters stand for things like PG=Power Gear, HG=High Gear, SW=Salt Water, etc.

Ryan
Grandpa21

Return to Saltwater Questions