Cabo surf casting question

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Cabo surf casting question

Postby question4larry » Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Larry,
I have a dilemma! I am trying to decide on the best rod/reel combo for these situations: Surf casting up to 3 oz Kroc spoons for roosters or whatever will eat in Cabo San Lucas, I would also would like it to perform well in a panga boat when I hop in one of those, a rod that will be easy to travel with via airplane and also should I look at spinning or bait casting? I have used my 400 TE in the past for this, but I am concerned about speed, spool capacity and the line guide. Thanks for any help Larry!
Chris
question4larry

Re: Cabo surf casting question

Postby dahlberg » Wed May 13, 2009 1:31 pm

hmm, that might be a tough one. I'd say a spinning reel is the best option mostly due to line capacity, and an eight or nine foot three piecer would be ideal, but not sure if such a beast exists.
The two piece Tiralejo surf sticks are available in 2 piece models and are about the best I can think of off hand.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Cabo surf casting question

Postby question4larry » Wed May 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Thanks for the help Larry! That sounds like my best option. That Tiralejo 9 foot MH fast action comes in a 2 piece. That outta be good for the plane. I am going to go with a 5000FI Stradic as well. Now all that is left is to find those roosters when I head back down there.
Thanks again
Chris
question4larry

Return to Saltwater Questions