Deep Sea Advice

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Deep Sea Advice

Postby Gary Aulbach » Mon May 04, 2009 11:05 am

Mr. Dahlberg. I watch your show regularly and love it. Please keep up the good work. My sons and I are heading to Hawaii for the first time early this August. One son is 13 and the other is 17. We live in Alaska and catch Salmon, Halibut etc. We have only one shot at this, and would like to know what area you would suggest for our best chance of landing some Tuna and maybe a Blue Marlin. We are not looking for a monster Marlin. We have the option of fishing any area around Oahu, including the North Shore, or fishing out of Kona on the big Island. Which area would you suggest? Considering abundance, weather, travel time to fishing grounds from harbor etc.? Thank you for your time. GLA
Gary Aulbach

Re: Deep Sea Advice

Postby dahlberg » Wed May 06, 2009 6:14 am

HI G
I've never fished Hawaii, and hate to tell you the people I know who have in the past 15 years tell me it's pretty disappointing due to decades of commercial over harvest. Hope you have better success than those I've spoken to, and I apologize for not having any good info for you.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: Deep Sea Advice

Postby Gary Aulbach » Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 am

Mr. D,
Bummer, I was afraid of that. Guess we'll take our best shot at it. Have to start saving up for a trip to Guatemala. Thank you very much for the straight answer and the timely response. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Gary
Gary Aulbach

Return to Saltwater Questions