New Season

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

New Season

Postby Steve T » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:06 am

O.K. Boys, the fishing season here in the Northeast is starting. I have to admit I caught NOTHING last year.

I talked to many others who said they had a bad year too.

I used every lure, bait and kitchen utensil I could get my hands on and still nothing.

I fish from shore here in Rhode Island and spend my Sundays on Cape Cod along the canal and other spots

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I bought a lot of new stuff over the winter months. It had better work.

Maybe the fish don't like the smell of my cigars.
Steve T
Steve T

Re: New Season

Postby Steve T » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:34 am

OK It's October and another bad year for me. I caught some scoolie stripers early in the year but............. Nothing the rest of the year except some skip jacks ( baby blues).
Steve T
Steve T

Postby WetDreams » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm

WOW...I fish R.I. and the Cape also and had a banner year fishing twice a week at night mostly. Throw big plugs and live eels my friend good luck.
WetDreams

Postby Steve T » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 am

O.K. Feb. 1, We're getting there.
Steve T
Steve T

Postby Steve T » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:28 am

March 16, getting clooooosssserrrr!!!
Steve T
Steve T

Postby JRisapirate » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:06 am

I would have to say that last fall was probably the best Stiper fishing I have ever seen.. Fishing from the shore can be tough.. make sure to check out google earth it can open up your eyes to areas that you never though of fishing from before...
P.E.T.S. Member
JRisapirate

Postby Stripedbassking » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:55 pm

THe big boys will be here soon....I did real well last fall....lots of big stripers all around 30-40 pounds.....lots of nice bluefish too.......biggest was about 38 inches.....Topwater for bluefish is SOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck!!!
Stripedbassking

Postby Steve T » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:13 am

I know guys, a lot of people had a good year last year but they were either on their boat or in another state.

This is Rhode Island and as soon as the officials stop letting the mid-water trawlers into the Narragansett Bay the better we fishermen will be.

I talked to a D.E.M. Officer last year and after thee weeks they threw the trawlers out. Too Late….Damage done.

Fish are smart, right Larry. When they know where the food they used to get is gone they just keep going. The opening to Narragansett Bay is small.
Steve T
Steve T

Return to Saltwater Questions