lost tackle

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

lost tackle

Postby Steve T » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 am

Larry,

Was it a miracle, sheer luck, good captain or good first mate, that you were able to retrieve that rod and reel (I think it was a baitcaster setup) when sail fishing in the Gulf of Mexico?

It had slipped out or your hand and you yelled up to the captain on the fly bridge that you had lost the rig, he immediately hit reverse and the first mate scooped it out of the water.

You have had some exciting moments while traveling the world.

Steve T
Steve T
Steve T

Re: lost tackle

Postby dahlberg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:54 am

Hi ST
Actually, it was all of those things, plus a reel light enough that the rod and reel combo floated.
I've over used my forearms over the years and every now after a few hours of putting lots of heat on lots of fish my "tennis elbow and golfers elbow" (got it both arms) acts up and I "loose my grip".
Yes, I've experienced many exciting things, including three military revolutions, that "didn't make the final edit"
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: lost tackle

Postby MJEdens » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:07 am

Say Larry why don't you take all of those exciteing but crazy things that do go wrong, and put it into one tape and call it , anything and everything and anything that goes wrong can. I am sure there are lots of other guys that have simiular problems and need some Old Man of the Sea, advise and councleing on how to recover in different situtions????MJEdens
MJEdens

Return to Saltwater Questions