Conventional Reel

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Conventional Reel

Postby striper12 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey larry,
I am a big fan of your show I like the lure making Episodes and am trying making a top water lure myself. I have been searching for a saltwater conventional reel for a month now and am not sure what to get, I like the Daiwa Saltist 40 have you ever used it? is there any other reel that you could recommend? I am looking for a reel that will be reliable and preform well for less than $200. I do a lot of fishing for stripers and blues in New England and do both live lining and jigging.
if you can give me a hand i would really appreciate it Thanks.
striper12

Re: Conventional Reel

Postby Bionic » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 pm

[quote="striper12"]Hey larry,
I am a big fan of your show I like the lure making Episodes and am trying making a top water lure myself. I have been searching for a saltwater conventional reel for a month now and am not sure what to get, I like the Daiwa Saltist 40 have you ever used it? is there any other reel that you could recommend? I am looking for a reel that will be reliable and preform well for less than $200. I do a lot of fishing for stripers and blues in New England and do both live lining and jigging.
if you can give me a hand i would really appreciate it Thanks.[/quote]

Good reels I have two of the 40's and plan to pick up two of the 30 saltist levelwind for tarpon.
I'm sure Larry can give you some good Shimano picks as well.

Scott
Just when everything is going your way, something breaks!!!
Bionic

Return to Saltwater Questions