Hot Cheetos

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Hot Cheetos

Postby 69bbqs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:05 am

Good Morning Folks, Just say L show on making sliders, I made some in the 80 using bondo filler as a Temp let and then making an aluminum mold. They work great for bottom fish and tuna when fishing long range in SD in the 80. I also saw your show fishing Peacocks in the Amazon how cool Mr. wiggle the go to bait.

Has any one tried Peanut Butter, Hot Cheetos, & Jelly for bait? I was fishing a wide open albacore bit last year and my kids were trying their lunch for bait and it worked on 4 fish. I think the Hot Cheetos worked the best.
69bbqs

Re: Hot Cheetos

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:44 am

Hi 69
I know of a 9 pound walleye caught on a french fry, and have caught several sailfish on rigged banana peels, but never tried using my lunch. I'd trade a cooler full of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for one albie!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:45 am

Hi 69
I know of a 9 pound walleye caught on a french fry, and have caught several sailfish on rigged banana peels, but never tried using my lunch. I'd trade a cooler full of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for one albie!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby BADBOYSFishing » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:56 pm

I've caught trout on pink bubble gum.
BADBOYS Fishing
BADBOYSFishing

Postby MJEdens » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:08 am

I have caught trout on velveta cheese, and catfish also. frozen or cande corn works well also for trout and cats, and brim. Haven't tryed it in saltwater yet, but now I will thanks for reminding me....MJEdens
MJEdens

Postby Muskie buster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:38 am

In Lake Michigan a common pratice is using play dough for kings and steelhead, and it works great.
Muskie buster

Postby steelneal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 pm

i caught an end table on a super shad rap once. also caught an orange parking cone on a DB 08
steelneal

Postby Terry G. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 am

there is a guy here in Texas gulf coast that has got Red with cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, carrots, cig butts, gum, marshmallows, you name it..

seems its now a challenge to try new things and record it on tape.
when one cant fish, , one draws fish!
Terry G.

Postby MJEdens » Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 am

While fishing in a small alum.boat, useing cut sardines; I caught my Dad in the but. He jumped once before breaking the line....MJEdens
MJEdens

Postby curtisballardsr » Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 am

i have caught pargo (rock fish), halibut, yellowtail, calico bass, many other species, and even a spook, on hotdogs (hebrew national seems the best). i assume it is because of the oily nature of the meat. it amazes people every time that i do it.
curtisballardsr

Postby young_gun » Thu May 21, 2009 8:13 pm

i just think its crazy the amount of money we will put into fishing gear and then end up catching our dinner with our lunch
$young_gun$
young_gun

Postby MJEdens » Thu May 28, 2009 6:42 am

I caugh a very large baracuda once while fishing off Clearwater Florida on a white shoe lace. It was on a bet from my girl friend, at the time. The fishing was hot and I was catching fish on every cast, and she not into fishing but sunning, was polishing her white tennes, and I took her lace and caugh the bigest fish of the day on her old stinkey sniker lace. She was impressed, but pissed... Ha!! MJEdens
MJEdens

Return to Saltwater Questions