Best Rod for Calcutta TE 401

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Best Rod for Calcutta TE 401

Postby arh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Larry,
Really enjoy the show. I do have questions so here goes. I have not done much Salt Water fishing but am going to do more. I am attempting to build a salt water quiver. I currently have a spinning rod, inshore, medium wt, 7’ 8-17 lb test line with a good reel. I just bought a Calcutta TE 401 and am looking for a rod. I live in Colorado which makes it difficult finding knowledge folks on salt water fishing or even the opportunity to see salt water gear. So I have to do my shopping online. I am looking for a rod to use for small tuna, or Dorado, to as big as a sailfish, or tarpon. I have been looking at the Tallus blue water rods (TLC70MHA). I want to be able to cast a plug, live bait or up to a 3 oz jig. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions? By the way I usually go to Nicaragua, and have been to the Pearl Lagoon.

ARH
arh

Re: Best Rod for Calcutta TE 401

Postby dahlberg » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:30 am

HI A
I'd check out the Teremar series. They're super tough and cast well. Have you fallen sucker to the pitch the locals hit you with at the airport regarding needing money for a new soccer ball!?
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions