North of the Pearl Lagoon

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

North of the Pearl Lagoon

Postby ronin2308 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 pm

Mr. Dahlberg,

A recent huge fan, just found out about you a few months ago and now the girlfriend is getting jealous... I was so amazed about the Nicuarcua show, those tarpon were unreal... I am definetely going down there soon. My question is what did you find the best luck on, live crab or the rapala crankbaits? Also, what was the brand of the gaff you had, I would love to have a small gaff like that. The smallest I can find is a 4ft gaff. I have gone from brook fishing 1-2lb trout in Northern Maine where I grew up, to Kenai King salmon 62lbs, to Montauk stripers 43 lbs, to football blues off new york, I have got your itch and your passion, I will not miss another show!!!!

Thank you,

Josh C
ronin2308

Re: North of the Pearl Lagoon

Postby dahlberg » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 am

Hi J
Glad you're enjoying my efforts. Live bait is almost always the best option, and when the fish are super deep and not on a feeding movement, maybe the only option.
Not sure of the brand of gaff. It's just a common "hand" gaff, which should be easy to locate.
I'd have to caution you on going there until someone who knows what's going on decides to put in an operation.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Questions