Seychelles Bonefishing

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Seychelles Bonefishing

Postby adambomb54 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Larry,
Just recently saw your bonefishing excursion and hooking up with some monster GT's in Seychelles for the first time. What an absolutely beautiful place, that is a location I must visit someday. It looks absolutely breath taking. Also looks like you stumbled onto the Mecca of hard fighting fish. I also noticed you were using an old Fin-Nor fly reel, my friend's father has one just like it and it is a workhorse, too bad they still don't make those. Anyway, thanks for showing me Seychelles because if it wasn't for you I wouldn't know such a great place existed and now I am dying to go there. Also those workshop shows that you do are very interesting, I'm thinking about getting into making some jigging spoons now! Maybe you could do a show on how to maintain your gear (cleaning and re-lining reels, rod care, storage, you know the stuff...)

Thanks a lot,
Adam
adambomb54

Re: Seychelles Bonefishing

Postby dahlberg » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:03 am

Hi A
The Seychelles are one of the most spectacular places on earth!
I hear your suggestion regarding maintaining tackle, but fear it might be awfully boring!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby adambomb54 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks for the repsonse.
As for the show, I don't think it would be boring and could even be enlightening. I know quite a few people who think their gear is "invincible" and never really properly take care of it. Maybe not a whole show but a small clip of how to wash, oil, grease, and store a reel. Or maybe even a small clip of putting line on spinners and casters, arbor knots and when to use backing, knots to attach line together, and how much to put on and so on.
Just my humble opinion but anything that can help us fellow fisherman would be anything but boring.
adambomb54

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:11 pm

I also saw the show on the Seychelles and absolutely agree. That has to be one of the most fascinating places I've ever viewed on a television show. I've often thought about it when that little "itch" for adventure thought enters my mind. That would make for another great show! Keep up the good work on showing us those out of the way beautiful places on our planet Larry! Maybe one day I too will be able to visit!

Take care all
Brian
Let's Go Pens!
To the Cup!
Brian

Return to Saltwater Questions