Wading shoes

Questions about Saltwater Fishing

Wading shoes

Postby mitchell » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Aloha! Awesome job catching Ulua's (jacks) and Oi'o(bonefish) in the Indian Ocean! Just wanted to know where you got those wading shoes that you were running in the water with. Do they have felt soles? Mahalo for your time! Aloha! Matt
mitchell

Re: Wading shoes

Postby dahlberg » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi M
I honestly cant remember. It's not easy to find a comfortable pair.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby dahlberg » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi M
I honestly cant remember. It's not easy to find a comfortable pair.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Grandpa21 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:26 pm

I was wondering the same thing! They looked pretty retro! But if I'm not mistaken that's due to the fact that that episode was filmed a more than a few years back. But boy would I have liked to be in those shoes! I was waiting a long time to see that episode again Larry. It must have been a great experience getting to be one of the "first" anglers to fish that area. What year was that filmed?

And for what it's worth sitting on my couch I thought that buoy was tied to the bottom as well! What a tense moment!

Just out of curiosity. Do you remember what reel that was you finally caught that GT on? Look like an older Stradic or similar but it had two handles which I found odd for a spinner.

Thanks!

p.s. We going to see another Seychelles episode in the near future? Coral sea perhaps?

p.s.s Mr. Fukui's Mnoster GT:

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll11 ... ongagt.jpg
Grandpa21

Postby Jeremy Damgaard » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Hey Guys!
Both Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops have a flats boot very similar (I think) to what Larry was wearing. Also check out Shimano's Evair fishing boots and shoes. Hodgman makes a boot called the Stingaree for surf and flats fishing. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Grandpa,
Any idea where the GT was caught and do you know the story behind it? What a grand fish.
"There are always greater fish than you have caught, always the lure of greater task and achievement, always the inspiration to seek, to endure, to find.” - Zane Grey

“I am haunted by waters.” – Norman Maclean - A River Runs Through It
Jeremy Damgaard

Postby mitchell » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Jeremy, Mahalo for the response, i will definitely check it out!

Grandpa21, Mr. Fukui's GT was a definite monstah! My freinds here love to go for the Ulua (GT), but with bigger set ups due to the dream of catching the 100 + pounder. We have a magazine here that has a 100 + pound club throughout the islands from i believe the 60's. My buddy caught a 103 pounder about 3 years ago and he has been trying for atleast 20yrs! Looks like Mr. Fukui's is atleast 80 lbs. and the set up that he used is what impressed me. I would like to know what kind of waders Mr. Fukui is wearing, they look pretty good. Mahalos, Matt
mitchell

Postby hookem612 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:52 am

Simms flat sneaker is pretty comfortable!
hookem612

Postby mitchell » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Hookem612, Much mahalo! I'll check it out on the web. Good luck if you have plans for this weekend! Aloha, Matt
mitchell

Return to Saltwater Questions